Bogomolov Aleksey Ivanovich, Doctor of engineering science, professor, sub-department №1, Penza Artillery Engineering Institute (Penza-5, Russia), W.firstname.lastname@example.org
Goloshchapov Vladlen Mikhaylovich, Candidate of engineering sciences, associate professor, scientific adviser of the Center of scientific and educational innovative activity, Penza State Technological University (1a Baydukova lane, Penza, Russia), W.email@example.com
Savitskiy Vladimir Yakovlevich, Doctor of engineering sciences, professor, sub-department № 11, Penza Artillery Engineering Institute (Penza-5, Russia), W.firstname.lastname@example.org
Muyzemnek Alexander Yuryevich, Doctor of engineering science, professor, head of sub-department of theoretical and applied mechanics and graphics, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Zinov'ev Radiy Sergeevich, Candidate of engineering sciences, associate professor, technical director of the Scientific industrial group of companies "Polidor" (1a Fyodorova street, Chelyabinsk, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. The object of the study is a journal friction unit of an impulse heat engine (IHE). The subject of study is the effect of the polymer composite material’s (PCM) infrastructure on structural strength of a journal bearing (JB), operating under reversing friction with boundary lubrication and cyclic pulsed stressing. The aim is to create a common approach to assessing the strength of the heterogeneous polymer JB IHE at the design stage.
Materials and methods. To produce JB the authors used a reinforced thermosetting plastic based on the phenol-epoxy-formaldehyde binder, obtained by layerwise winding of a woven filler. The mode of deformation (MD) was estimated by the finite element method.
Results. The authors researched the influence of the microstructure on bearing capacity of PCM JB to identify parameters of a mathematical model; using a computer model of a representational cell and JB design they analyzed the behavior of the bearing structure under pulsed stressing. Authenticness of the results is confirmed
by IHE ground tests.
Conclusions. The proposed approach to modeling of temperature and MD of JB from PCM by homogenization of heterogeneous structures in the form of representative elementary cells with an equivalent homogeneous material carrying adequate information about the physical and mechanical properties, allows to selectively control the performance characteristics of friction units of pulsed stressing and to effectively replace brass and bronze JB.
impulse heat engine, journal bearing, polymer composite, representative cell homogenization, geometric model, finite element model, mode of deformation.
1. Khvatov G. A., Savitskiy V. Ya., Muyzemnek A. Yu. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Povolzhskiy region. Tekhnicheskie nauki [University proceedings. Volga region. Engineering sciences]. 2014, no. 2 (30), pp. 113–126.
2. Korten Kh. T. Razrushenie armirovannykh plastikov: per. s angl. [Disruption of reinforced plastics: translation from English]. Moscow: Khimiya, 1967, 167 p.
3. Chernin I. Z., Smekhov F. M., Zherdev Yu. V. Epoksidnye polimery i kompozitsii [Epoxy polimers and compositions]. Moscow: Khimiya, 1982, 232 p.
4. Fried N. 20th Annual Technical Conference Reinforced Plastics Division SPJ. Chicago, 1965, Sect. 1-C.
5. Hand N. 20th Annual Technical Conference Reinforced Plastics Division SPJ. Chicago, 1965, Sect. 1-C.
6. Yanovskiy Yu. G., Sirota A. G., Bogdanov V. V., Filipenkov P. A. Mekhanika kompozitsionnykh materialov i konstruktsiy [Mechanics of composite materials and structures]. 1997, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 101–117.
7. Semenova G. P., Pavlov V. V. Mekhanika polimerov [Mechanics of polymers]. 1970, no. 4, pp. 585–591.
8. AS 183794 SSSR. MKl B29G 7/00. Device for filler impregnation with polymer binder]. Zinov'ev R. S., Medvedeva O. A., Krymskiy I. M. Application No. 3038018/23-05; publ. 29 March 1982.
9. Tomashevskiy V. T., Smyslov V. I., Shalygin V. N., Yakovlev V. S. Teoriya i metody obespecheniya bezdefektnoy makrostruktury armirovannykh polimerov pri pererabotke v konstruktsii spetsial'noy tekhniki [Theory and methods of defect-free macrostructure assurance in reinforced polymers at reprocessing into structures of special hardware]. Moscow: TsNIIinformatsii, 1984, 316 p.
10. Tsyplakov O. G. Nauchnye osnovy tekhnologii kompozitsionno-voloknistykh materialov [Scientific bases of composite-fibrous materials technology]. Perm: Knizhnoe izd-vo, 1974, part 1, 316 p.